If you love chocolate this is a "must do". Tours run every Thursday and Sunday at 10.30am. Bookings are essential.
Phone enquiries 07 4068 5011 from 7am to 6pm
Charley’s Chocolate Tour is unique in Australia and one of only a few places in the world where you can experience the whole journey of chocolate from “Cocoa Tree to Chocolate Bar”.
Charley’s is real and genuine! It is deliberately NOT a theme park. It’s authentic and all about how one of our favourite foods comes into being. Charley’s people are passionate about what they do and want you to share the fascinating chocolate story. The tour is fun, very much “hands on” and hugely informative.
Here are some of the highlights of the tour:
- A look at the fascinating 3800 year history of cocoa.
- Visit the tree nursery and a mature cocoa tree plantation.
- See the tiny orchid-like flowers and ripe cocoa pods.
- Look at age-old fermentation and drying techniques.
- See a cocoa pod being opened and taste cocoa nibs.
- Take part in some of the steps of making actual chocolate.
The highpoint of the tour is the chocolate tasting! Here we feature our multi award winning Australian grown and made premium single origin chocolate.
Tour Days & Times
Charley’s Chocolate tour operates every Thursday and Sunday. (subject to minimum number of guests)
Fridays and Special Holiday and Long Weekend tours operate subject to demand.
Tour starts promptly at 10.30am (we are unable to wait for latecomers)... Lunch finishes at 1.30pm
If using Google maps, enter “Charley’s Chocolate Factory”, do NOT search on 388 Cassowary Drive.
- Family Friendly
- Paddock to Plate food experience
- Local Produce
- Shop sales
388 El Arish Mission Beach Road
Mission Beach QLD 4852
Phone: 07 4068 5011